Thursday 26 March 2009

DAY 15 18/03/09

We had business etiquette lesson which was taught by china lecturer name mr Xie. Well… The things that were taught though were quite common sense but still it makes sense! The lesson taught us a lot of very interesting topics. So of them I didn’t even notice that it was not a appropriate act to do. For example if meeting a client, I got to take the worst seat. Offer my client his or her choice,but in no case should my client be facing a mirror or the bathroom or kitchen doors.

For the afternoon, we had IS module again which was to summarise the slides from 1pm to 3pm. All of us were forcing on the summary as after 3 onwards, we will be release since we were heading to the Wuhan IT mall.

We took the public bus transport to there. In bus, we were being pushed around and squeezed to breathe. When we reach there, we head straight to shop! We compared the laptops and other electronics products. We ended up getting 7 laptop screen protector which cost 14RMB.
On our way shopping, there was a sales girl ask where I come from? Which was fine but she kept asking more irrelevant topics like where I study , what’s my mobile number or can I give her my MSN hotmail. I ended up rejected and walked away with Jit shiong. Phew...What a sales girl. After we were done with shopping we went to bus stop to take public bus. But someone suggest why not we take their “Mian Bao Van” (van with 7 seated). We approached the driver and negotiate for the price. He said boldly that in order to reached the university, require 2 and half hour as got to pass a lot of highways etc. We straight away decline the deal and rather take bus back. So we ended up each person paid 2RMB and take public bus back with satisfaction.

Night time, all of us gathered in my room figured out how to paste the screen protector on the screen nicely.

Reflection

Business etiquette lesson is really a valuable lesson to take. Things you thought you might know but fact is that there is a lot of difference kinds of situation I may face in future and i may do wrongly to lead to client having a bad impression on us. I had learnt a lot of skills in this lesson and the business strategy that we got to study the slides and summarise it. It as well taught us 3 main core of negotiation which is claiming value, creating value and overcoming barrier to agreement.

The IT mall is much more different form our Sim Lim square. As it;s like they had 10 sim lim square. You have to walk to mall by mall to find your products. Secondly, they had wide areas of electronics. I can see famous brands like Sony, Samsung and Apple products which are expensive than local. Singapore doesn’t have tax, maybe that’s the difference about it. I bought the screen protector as it is very cheap compare to sim lim. As i work in sim lim, I can have a rough estimation on the price. I realise their style of selling is different from sim lim. They can discount you to 50 % off from the price with negotiation. Sim lim shops won’t discount till that extent. And their sales people are very active and desperate for sales; never slip off any chance.

They also sell their local products (no brand) which is very cheap and sells fake apple products.

Compare to SiM lim, they have good sales people but if only it is well organise as the place is difficult to access. Sim lim is a small mall with compress products all in one mall, easily identify wanted items. I still prefer sim lim as products is easy to find and with warranty assure.

No comments:

Post a Comment