Thursday 19 March 2009

Learning Plans Assignment 1 (20%)

I want to learn more about their China’s culture and what kind of daily life the citizens of china are living right now. As China is a very huge country with a control of 22province, that doesn’t consider Taiwan as 23province. Soon China economy growth will keep on increasing rapidly and expanding its business. With Huge population, masses industries, plenty of scholars and unrestrained of land, in no time China will be a primary network headquarter, companies will set their headquarters there as land is cheap, investors will also look into it and plan to set up business. I believe China will be a pillar of Asia that support on supplies etc. Therefore I plan to go there and study their culture as I may use it in future on not only business but also gain basic knowledge. They are very good in doing imitation branded products and mass problem, I am wondering how they are so good in it and it is being expanding wide. Wuhan has a lot of universities and university of science and technology rank 7 of the top ten universities which we are going there for exchange program. This will be a good opportunity to explore in China instead spending time in Singapore working.
One issue I am interested to find out is how the political works and how they manage the country compare to Singapore. Second issue is on the global warming. China currently releases carbon dioxide which ranks 1 in whole world. Last year, there is an article state that China will focus on their economic first then comes to global warming. I don’t get it as don’t they understand how damaging it is and the global warming is getting worse. Temperature rise rapidly; ice from the North Pole liquefy which will lead to natural disasters.
I can’t possibly understand everything in a short period over China. Hence I will firstly focus on how to communicate with the local people over there, have estimation ideas on how to work well with China people, observe their style of doing things, and make a comparison with Singapore. Secondly will be their culture, after so many eras they still preserve their traditional culture with great history background. It will be a bonus for us if we happen to need it like to make relationships closers with clients. Thirdly, I want to get to know their technology and those magnificent structures which they created. For example the three gorges dam which control the water level and manipulate the current to use it and produce mass electricity current, mass produce of steel and food; large industries of steel.
I am passionate on their lifestyle in China; find out on the students daily routine, negotiations on how to deal clients in China, their electronics and my hobby martial arts. In Ngee Ann Polytechnic, there are also many China students who are studying .Despite their poor English language, they are still able to handle their studies, and score well in exams. Discover more on their famous martial arts to upgrade further.
3 global skills that I want to acquire are negotiation, business etiquette, strategy on business. Negotiation so that I am able to get able deals and expand my network though clients. Learn business etiquette to prevent misunderstanding and to present well of myself as an image of company. Strategy so that I know am at a loss, advantage side or win-win situation. I’m sure these 3 skills will greatly help me in future.
I have do research on Wuhan by using internet, watched their opening Olympics 2008 programmes. Hopefully these may do some help and I am expected to learn more in China.

No comments:

Post a Comment